Among the Best in Southern California
Methodist Hospital of Southern California was founded in 1903 by the Women's
Home Missionary Society of the Methodist Church. Having been founded in
one of the busiest parts of the country, our full-service hospital has
grown significantly in the last 100 years. We currently have 348 licensed
beds, are a Medicare 5-Star rated hospital, and treat more than 50,000
patients in the Emergency Department each year. We have spared no effort
to provide our patients with the best care possible. Our facility is outfitted
with advanced diagnostic technology like the 320-slice CT scanner and
high-definition MRI. We also manage state-of-the-art catheterization labs,
electrophysiology, and neuro-interventional radiology.
to see a full list of the awards and recognitions presented to Methodist
Hospital of Southern California
Our Mission, Vision & Values
It is the mission of Methodist Hospital to provide high-quality healing
services while caring for the patient's emotional and spiritual needs
and enabling them to achieve health for life.
From our hospital's outset, it was our vision to provide an exceptional
patient experience through compassionate care and create lifelong relationships
by changing the way health and healthcare are delivered in our community.
To meet these goals we instill core values into our staff that keep us
focused on the excellent care we aim for.
Our core values:
- INTEGRITY: We are open, honest and trustworthy. We live our values.
- RESPECT: We treat each other with dignity and value the ideas and perspectives
each individual brings.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We take full ownership of our actions and their outcomes.
- INNOVATION: We embrace new ideas and thinking to improve what we do.
- SAFETY: We put safety first, for our patients, their families and all who
- EXCELLENCE: We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based,
A Full-Service Hospital
Our facility is equipped to handle virtually every medical situation. Our
services range from obstetrics to complex neurosurgery, and several of
our departments have been recognized as Centers of Excellence.
Methodist Hospital's Centers of Excellence:
- LA County EMS (Emergency Medical Services) STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center
- LA County EMS Approved Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Center - designated by the American College
of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Heart Care - Heart Failure Gold Plus Award by the American Heart Association
and the Mission Lifeline Gold Performance Award for STEMI treatment
- Disease-specific certification by The Joint Commission for acute coronary
syndrome, acute myocardial infarction, and heart failure
- Stroke Care - Advanced Certification by The Joint Commission as a primary
stroke center and the Gold Plus Award by the American Heart Association/
American Stroke Association
page for a full list of our medical care and treatments.
In addition to our medical care, we also do our part for the local area
through community services. Some of these include a spiritual care chaplaincy
training program, senior services, and a cancer resource center. We also
host support groups for diabetes, grief, heart care, cancer, and weight-loss.
Commitment to Our Community.
At Methodist Hospital of Southern California, we are constantly striving
to meet the challenges of our local area. Hospital closures in the local
area have placed greater demand on our emergency services and specialized
care. We are completely dedicated to giving our community accessible,
high-quality healthcare and we will continue to put our all into meeting
these challenges and any others that come with the future. Upon your first
visit with us, our staff will go above and beyond to prove to you that
we can be your trusted, lifelong allies in healthcare.