Methodist Hospital delivers highly sophisticated cancer treatment. Our primary goal is to view each person as a
whole, in an atmosphere of compassion.
At Methodist Hospital we are committed to treating the whole person, tending not only to the patient’s physical needs but also the emotional, social and spiritual needs. Treatment is not just about healing the physical body with medication and procedures but about using all resources to improve the spirit as well. Methodist Hospital offers the most advanced cancer diagnostics, treatment and personalized care, including:
- Recommended yearly screenings
- Diagnosis - 320-slice CT scanner that can produce 4D images of body organs
- Treatment - all aspects of care, including chemotherapy, surgery, pain management and cancer support groups.
Cancer Resource Center
We are aware that the diagnosis of cancer brings many questions. We are here to offer help and support on your cancer journey. Please call us with whatever questions you have or additional information you need. We also invite you to stop by and visit our facility, meet our staff, and find out more about how the Cancer Resource Center can help you.
Cancer Programs and Support Groups
- Stepping Forward - a free body and mind strengthening program for survivors of any type of cancer
- The Year Beyond - helps breast cancer patients acquire important, practical information about life after treatment, nutrition and physical fitness.
Our 36-bed inpatient oncology unit is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and treatment for adults with cancer and other medical conditions. Our services include chemotherapy, managing symptoms related to the cancer and managing side effects caused by chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
We have worked to build a place where cancer patients can find a comforting environment that encourages them to focus on healing. Most of our rooms are spacious single rooms with beautiful views, cable TV and magazines upon request.
The unit is staffed by a multi-disciplinary treatment team of physicians, oncology nurses, dietitians, social workers, discharge planners and pastoral care representatives. Our staff works together to customize the care to fit each patient’s specific medical needs. Our medical and nursing staff members speak English, Spanish, Chinese and other languages to meet patients’ needs.
- Colorectal Surgery Insitute - provides world-class treatment of colorectal diseases
- GYN Oncology Insitute - provides services for women with GYN cancers and other disorders
- Positive Appearance Center - provides personal consultations to help you manage changes that come with healing during and after treatment for cancer and other diseases
Positive Appearance Center
The Positive Appearance Center offers a private and quiet setting for personal consultations to help you manage changes that come with healing during and after treatment for cancer and other diseases. The center is available free of charge.
- The Cancer Resource Center is open: Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and on Friday from 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Cancer Performance Data for 2014 click here
For more information, call 626-574-3515 or 626-574-3757.
Find an Oncologist