Adult and College Volunteers
- Excellent customer service skills, the ability to communicate compassion
- Physical and skill requirement for the desired volunteer program
- Attendance of Orientation and occasional mandatory meetings
- Availability for one four-hour shift per week. To maintain active status,
volunteers must work a minimum of eight hours per month.
- A Social Security Number is required for a background check .
- All hospital volunteers must have a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) skin test
or chest x-ray if positive. Hospital will provide screening testing at
no expense to you.
- A deposit is required and will be returned after 150 hours of service is
- Letters of recommendation and verification of hours are available after
100 hours of service.
Download an Application
You can submit your application in several ways:
Email the PDF to
- Fax it to 626-821-6922
- Mail it to Volunteer Office, Methodist Hospital, 300 W. Huntington Drive,
Arcadia, CA 91007
- Or by delivering it in person
Student Volunteers - High School Students
- Must be 14 years of age to apply and not yet a senior in high school.
- Commit to 9 hours of training. Complete a minimum of 100 hours of service
on an annual basis. There is no maximum.
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Once training has begun, obtain TB test clearance either from the hospital
(at no cost to you) or from a medical office of your choice (your cost).
- Attend an annual Methodist Hospital skills day training session.
- Be able to perform the essential requirements of the position assigned.
- We will be accepting applications on Monday, July 9, from 4 – 5:30
p.m. in the North Lobby. The applicant must be the one turning in the
application in person.
Download Student Volunteer Letter
Download Student Volunteer Application