General Information for Current Medical Staff
Methodist Hospital, was founded in 1903, a non-profit 450-bed facility, which offers a full range of care, including medical, surgical, oncology, obstetrics, pediatrics intensive care (neonatal and adult) and comprehensive cardiac services. We have an outstanding Medical Staff consisting of over 600 physicians who deliver care in a culturally sensitive setting and we are proud to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
We hope that you find our facilities and services appropriate for your clinical practice and you will utilize them for your patient’s care.
Links to the following are available by logging onto the Physician Web Portal:
- Medical Staff Bulletin: A monthly newsletter from the Chief of Staff to all members of the Medical Staff of Methodist Hospital
- Medical Staff Calendar: The Medical Staff Calendar includes upcoming business meetings occurring at . Please note that meeting dates/times are subject to change. You are encouraged to call the Medical Staff Services Office at 626-574-3795 to confirm meeting dates/times.
- Physician Directory: The physician directory includes address, phone, fax and specialty information for all members of the medical staff.
- Medical Staff Bylaws: The Medical Staff Bylaws describe the governance structure of the medical staff as well as the qualifications and processes for credentialing and recredentialing. It is available through the web portal or by contacting the Medical Staff Services Office at 626-574-3795 to receive a printed copy.
- Medical Staff General Rules and Regulations: This document defines the general rules and regulations applicable to medical staff members. It is available through the web portal or by contacting the Medical Staff Services Office at 626-574-3795 to receive a printed copy
- Department Rules and Regulations: These documents define the general rules and regulations applicable to the various departments within the medical staff structure. It is available through the web portal or by contact the Medical Staff Services Office at 626-574-3795 to receive a printed copy.
- Committee and Department Meeting Agendas: Upcoming agenda items will be posted on the web portal. This will allow physicians the opportunity to review new and/or revised policies, guidelines, preprinted orders as well as other issues which will be addressed at upcoming Department and/or Committee meetings. Physicians are encouraged to review this information and be prepared to provide their input at the meetings or directly to the appropriate Chairperson.