Glycolic acid (On the skin)
Used as a cleanser for your skin or scalp.
Aqua Glycolic Hand & BodyThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acid.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Use the lotion form of this medicine one time per day. If it does not irritate your skin, you may use it two times daily. Do not use the lotion more than two times in 24 hours.
- Use the shampoo form of this medicine one time per day. Wet your hair and massage the shampoo into your scalp. Leave this lather on for 2 or 3 minutes and then rinse it out completely. Do not apply the shampoo a second time. You may also use the shampoo as a body wash. Be sure to rinse it off completely.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If this medicine irritates your skin or scalp, stop using it and call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Burning, stinging, itching, or redness of your skin where the medicine is applied.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2011
Copyright © 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.