Indium in 111 pentetate disodium (Injection)
Indium In 111 Pentetate Disodium (IN-dee-um In 111 PEN-te-tate dye-SOE-dee-um)
Makes parts of your body show up better during an imaging test, such as a CT scan. Helps your doctor to see the fluid filled spaces of your brain.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to indium In 111 pentetate disodium.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
- This medicine is given through a needle placed in your back.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney disease.
- While using this medicine, you will be exposed to the dangers of radiation. Talk to your doctor about these risks and about precautions you may need to take.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- High fever or chills.
- Severe headache or vomiting.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Redness, itching, or mild skin rash.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2011
Copyright © 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.