Amino acid supplement (By mouth)
Supplies your body with amino acids if you need more than you get in your diet. Amino acids are used by your body to make proteins.
Carnitor, Phlexy-10, Complex MSUD Amino Acid, PhenylAde Amino Acid, DL-Phen-500, Virilex, Pulmona, Sentra AM, Apptrim-D, AppTrim-D, Prostex, Sentra PM, dl-PA-500, Carlson L-Arginine, Super Daily Amino BlendThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients. If you are not sure what the ingredients are, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use this medicine if you are under 18 years old.
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Capsule, Powder, Packet, Bar
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Swallow the tablet,extended-release tablet,capsule, or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- Chew the chewable tablet thoroughly before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicine to treat an infection (antibiotic).
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Ask your doctor before you use this medicine if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or a blood disease such as sickle cell anemia. Tell your doctor if you have a history of herpes or cold sores.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness.
- Upset stomach.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2011
Copyright © 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.