Thallous chloride tl 201 (Injection)
Thallous Chloride Tl 201 (THAL-us KLOR-ide TI 201)
Used with nuclear medicine scan to test for heart attack, blocked arteries (blood vessels), or thyroid problems.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to thallous chloride Tl 201.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- Your doctor may ask you not to eat or drink anything for several hours before your test.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
- You may be asked to sit upright while you receive your injection.
- Your nuclear medicine scan will be performed within 10 to 20 minutes after you receive this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine may be given with drugs that will "stress" the heart and may cause serious heart problems. Ask your doctor about this if you have any concerns.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Chest pain.
- Fast, slow, or pounding heartbeat.
- Fever or chills.
- Lightheadedness or fainting.
- Shortness of breath.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision.
- Increased sweating.
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Red, irritated eyes.
- Skin rash or itching.
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2011
Copyright © 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.