Dapiprazole (Into the eye)
Returns your pupil to normal size after certain kinds of eye tests.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to dapiprazole or if you have an eye problem, such as in an irritated iris.
How to Use This Medicine:
- The pupil is the small black circle in the center of the colored part of your eye (the iris). For some kinds of eye tests, your doctor may use medicine to make your pupil bigger. This helps your doctor see into your eyes better. Dapiprazole returns your pupil to its normal size after the test.
- Your doctor or nurse will put the medicine in your eyes after the eye exam is finished.
- Your may receive two drops in your eye, and after 5 minutes, 2 more drops in your eye.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you are using other eye medicines.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Dapiprazole should not be given more than one time a week.
- You may have trouble seeing in the dark for a few hours after using this medicine. Do not drive or use machinery until your vision is back to normal.
- Your eyes may also be more sensitive to sunlight for a few hours after using the medicine. Wearing sunglasses may help.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Eye pain or swelling in your eyes
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning or redness in your eyes
- Blurred vision
- Drooping of your eyelid
- Headache, browache
- Eye itching
- Eye sensitivity to light
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2011
Copyright © 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.