Maternal Child Health
At Methodist Hospital, every birth is special. Our goal is to make the experience exciting and positive for the entire family. We offer a full range of obstetrical services, from a variety of educational classes to beautiful labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) suites, specially designed for new moms.
Please feel free to take a Virtual Tour of our facilities.
- Nine labor/delivery/recovery suites
- Four labor rooms
- Two operating rooms
- Four post-anesthesia care beds
- All rooms linked to a central fetal monitor display which may be observed from the main nurses' station
- 24-hour anesthesia coverage
- Care provided 24 hours/day by registered nurses/OB technicians and physicians
- 24-bed couplet care unit designed for family-centered care in Berger Tower, featuring 20 private rooms and two semi-private rooms
- Newborn nursery
- 17-bed Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Care provided by multidisciplinary team consisting of physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians and occupational therapists
- Consistently high level of patient satisfaction
We also provide very specialized services, including a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies who need extra medical attention.
We feel that bringing a child into the world is a very special experience. At Methodist Hospital, our goal is to provide highly personalized care to each of our families. We want to share in your happiness, and give the entire family a wonderful start.
To download the maternity class schedule for 2013, click here.